Promote mathematical growth, foster math discourse, and develop a math community.
Core Program Essentials:
OUR K–5 Math digital curriculum will be available for the 2022-23 school year in partnership with Kiddom.
For the first time, curriculum, assessments, and technology to differentiate instruction live in a centralized hub. OUR K–5 Math digital curriculum comes to life in Kiddom:
- Manage Curricula
- Share with Teachers
- Digitize Assets
- Differentiate Learning
What Sets Open Up Resources K–5 Math Apart?
- Coherent mathematical story across units and grade levels
- Unit designs with research-based learning trajectories
- Rooted in content and practice standards to foster learning and achievement for all
- Balance of problem-solving, developing conceptual understanding
- Students access deeper mathematical reasoning which promotes positive math identity
- Lesson-specific Language Learner Supports and Strategies
- Rigorous lessons develop perseverance and positive math identity
Strong Math Communities
- First unit in each grade level structured to establish mathematical community
- Contexts and adaptations provide students opportunities to bring their own experiences to the lesson activities and see themselves in the materials and mathematics
- Problem-based activities designed to promote discussion and for students to defend reasoning
- Daily opportunities for each student to contribute to the math community by sharing ideas
Quality Professional Learning Is the Essential Ingredient.
Our program is designed to elevate math practice – and success starts with supporting teachers with any necessary shifts. We tailor professional learning and support recommendations to each district’s schedule, staffing, and delivery needs. In addition to our curriculum-embedded professional learning content, we offer:
- On-site introduction to instructional routines, practices, and design of materials
- Workshops devoted to modeling and supporting practice change.
- HIVE Conference – an annual national conference offering multiple pathways across four curricula for deeper learning.
- Facilitation of peer-supported work, activating PLCs to build district capacity.
Available in Print and Digital – Request a Sample
We gladly provide samples of the materials to districts considering math programs for the upcoming school year.