Getting Started with the Curriculum
Just getting going with the curriculum? These educator blogs are here to help:
Reflecting on My First Year Experience with Open Up Resources by Sara Vaughn spread like wildfire in social media, thanks to its thoughtful reflections and helpful advice for teachers.
Leeanne Branham’s ‘All In’ series features:
- Great advice on preparing materials and prepping for the school year
- A piece on understanding the big picture of the curriculum
- A post on planning out your year and pacing
- Terrific ideas on how to dig into planning
You might be interested in these teacher blogs about the curriculum:
Martin Joyce has written about his decision to adopt the curriculum:
- Comparing the CPM and Open Up Resources curricula
- His journey from pilot to training and beyond with OUR
Brooke Powers wrote about her student outcomes and successes when she was in the classroom utilizing Open Up Resources.
- A post about the conceptual understanding that was fostered by the materials, to her pleasant surprise
- Student outcomes—especially for ELLs—that knocked our socks off
Great advice about classroom best practices straight from teachers:
Morgan Stipe has written lots about how she used Open Up Resources 6–8 Math in her classroom:
- Managing Cool-Downs and Formative Assessments
- Living and Growing Anchor Charts
- Using Google Classroom
- Building a Collaborative Community of Mathematicians
Sharing Community Resources
Many have shared resources that now appear on our individual lesson pages and blog. Have a great resource or post you want to share? Been thinking of writing about your experiences implementing the curriculum?
If you have your own resources to share, email us.
Join the Conversation on Facebook and Twitter
3,000+ teachers have joined the user group on Facebook—please join them!
Make sure to follow us on Twitter and use #OpenUpMath to have great discussions with other educators around the curriculum.
View our archived Twitter chats and make sure you have plans to talk live with one of our Open Up Resources 6–8 Math Gurus soon!