EL Education K–8
Reading & Writing
Available in print and digital formats
Available in print and as a digital open educational resource
Instructional Routines & Protocols:
Broad range of instructional protocols designed to promote student engagement, discourse, and collaboration.
Straightforward, routinized protocols designed to make high-quality literacy instruction easier for teachers
- Designed around science and social studies topics, for cross-curricular engagement
- Fiction + nonfiction text sets for each topic promote knowledge and vocabulary acquisition
- Incorporates 121 whole texts between grades K–8
- Texts feature diverse characters and authors
- Incorporates 265 whole texts between grades K–5, to maximize daily reading
- Texts selected to optimize for student engagement, spanning a broad range of topics
- Thoughtful balance of fiction and nonfiction
- Places a premium on communication, collaboration, and social-emotional learning
- Incorporates student goal-setting and reflection
- Fosters ongoing formative assessment
- Places a premium on differentiation: diagnostic tools actively scaffold tailored small group skills work, as well as intervention
- Highest volume of daily reading of any curriculum in K–5
Proven to improve literacy outcomes, higher-order thinking, and teacher effectiveness when paired with PD.
Has produced notable gains in PARCC, SBAC, and Georgia Milestone districts
- Top-rated by EdReports
- Rated ‘Tier 1’ by Louisiana DOE
- First edition received high text quality and complexity scores from EdReports
- Reviews of this newly-enhanced edition are forthcoming
Learn More About:
EL Education K–8 digital curriculum is now available in partnership with Kiddom.
For the first time, curriculum, assessments, and technology to differentiate instruction live in a centralized hub.
El Education K–8 digital curriculum comes to life in Kiddom:
- Manage Curricula
- Share with Teachers
- Digitize Assets
- Differentiate Learning