Who We Are
Open Up Resources is a nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, provided for free to promote instructional equity.
We partner with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb curriculum and deliver essential implementation support, from professional development to printing. Our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned core programs.
Open Up Resources seeks a detail-oriented and energetic member for our growing team.
As our team expands—and interest in our openly licensed curricula grows—we’re seeking an individual with exceptional organizational skills to support our efforts to connect our work with school and district leaders.
We are a non-profit education organization, and our team is driven by our social justice mission to put high-quality curricula in front of as many students and teachers as possible. If you have an analytical mindset with a strong eye for detail, and you’re looking to join a nonprofit that improves learning experiences for kids and educators, we’d love to hear from you.
- Ensure successful adoption of the materials by U.S. districts considering new curricula in formal procurement processes (RFPs/RFIs) and via less formal selection processes, such as pilots
- Organize and format thoughtful responses to RFPs/RFIs approved by the Director of the RFP Team
- Support the Director of the RFP Team in order to maximize response effectiveness
- Work closely with our Operations Team to send out sample materials to districts as necessary, while being cognizant of internal and external deadlines
- Interface with our key partners in this work including our network of professional development providers, in delivering effective implementation services to schools and districts
- Meet every deadline associated with RFPs/RFIs, including Q&A period, submission, review period, etc.
- Accurately capture RFP/RFIs in opportunities in SalesForce, to allow for cross-team planning, inventory management, and delivery deadlines
- Collaborate with the National Field Team to ensure that OUR team is able to present curriculum offerings
- Print, assemble, and ship responses in cost-effective and timely manner, to ensure deadlines for RFP/RFI are met
Reinforcing OUR Culture
- Model and reinforce the values and culture of OUR in all internal and external interactions.
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant, or office admin assistant.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively with all types of people.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Experience working with CRM software. Working knowledge of SalesForce preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Drive (Excel/Sheets in particular).
- Background in education preferred but not necessary.
- We will strongly preference individuals who have worked in K-12 schools or districts
- Remote organization
- Generous benefits package
- Passionate, high-talent team
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to [email protected] with the subject line “RFP Team Admin.”