Who We Are
Open Up Resources is a nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, provided for free to promote instructional equity.
We partner with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb curriculum and deliver essential implementation support, from professional development to printing. Our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned core programs.
The Mathematics Field Specialist is responsible for promoting, presenting, and securing district adoptions of our mathematics curricula offerings, along with the related professional development and support services. You will work with district and instructional leadership teams from the materials evaluation process through the design and execution of an implementation plan.
We are seeking total math geeks with great relationship management skills who are ready for an opportunity to provide school districts with the highest quality mathematics instructional resources available. The ideal candidate is a mission-driven self-starter with an energetic passion for transformation within education, a strong K–12 background specific to mathematics at the district level, and an aptitude for getting-to-yes.
- Work with OUR leadership to develop and execute a plan focused on driving awareness of our mathematics curriculum and supporting service offerings in alignment with our national strategy.
- Employ solution selling techniques including calls/video demonstrations as well as productive questioning and listening strategies that lead to a successful customer experience in evaluation of our mathematics offerings.
- Work with districts and channel partners to co-develop appropriate proposals for scope-of-services, ensuring successful district implementation.
- Demonstrate superb customer focus, response, and follow-up abilities, while leveraging a matrix of internal and external support.
- Develop and maintain expert content and services knowledge for the OUR mathematics portfolio, the K–12 educational marketplace for mathematics curriculum, and factors influencing the Open Educational Resources movement.
- Effectively use promotional materials to support marketing messaging through email, social media, and presentations.
- Demonstrate teamwork by sharing best practices and working cross-functionally.
- Maintain an “always improving and learning” attitude internally and externally.
Reinforcing OUR Culture
- Model and reinforce the values and culture of OUR in all internal and external interactions.
- Deep knowledge and passion for learning in K–12 mathematics, with appreciation for a problem-based approach.
- Mathematics teaching experience necessary; district-level mathematics experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Proven organizational skills, high attention to detail, and superior time management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work effectively with all types of people.
- Command of technology applications, including presentation software and Salesforce.com.
- Experience using educational technology preferred.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Remote organization; your manager is located in Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Generous benefits package
- Passionate, high-talent team
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Mathematics Field Specialist.”