Who We Are
Open Up Resources is a nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, provided for free to promote instructional equity.
We partner with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb curriculum and deliver essential implementation support, from professional development to printing. Our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned core programs.
We are seeking a dynamic Community Manager to help bring a growing number of superb, free curricula to K–12 schools across the country.
Our team is driven by our social justice mission to put high-quality curricula in front of as many students and teachers as possible. If you’re a strong marketer and relationship manager, and you’re looking to join a nonprofit that improves learning experiences for kids and educators, we’d love to hear from you.
This is an ideal position for any marketer looking to have a significant impact on K–12 education.
Assist the Growth and Engagement of our ELA Communities (70%)
- Host regular twitter chats for our ELA communities
- Host regular video chats for our ELA communities
- Host virtual book clubs for our ELA communities
- Assist with the management of our ELA Gurus
- Support educators in our ELA communities
- Gather product feedback from our ELA communities and pass it on to appropriate teams for continued product improvement
- Attend conferences/events and facilitate community activities
Assist with Open Up Resources Professional Learning (30%)
- Collaborate with the ELA Professional Learning Director
- Gather and utilize professional learning ideas / information from the ELA communities
- Assist in the design and evaluation of professional learning
- Support the professional learning development for onboarding PL partners
- Provide feedback for professional learning
Reinforce OUR Culture
- Support partnerships with content providers, working with the Senior Leadership to evaluate terms, and reinforcing relationship tenets.
- Model and reinforce the values and culture of OUR in all internal and external interactions.
- Background in K–12 ELA education
- 2 years of professional learning experience
- Experience with social media and/or communications
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver projects on time and on target; experience working closely with third-party partner organizations preferred
- Strong writing skills
- Superior attention to detail and dedication to excellence
- Remote organization; your manager is located in Lexington, KY
- Competitive compensation package, including generous benefits package
- Passionate, high-talent team
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “ELA Community Associate.”