Who We Are
Open Up Resources is a nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, provided for free to promote instructional equity.
We partner with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb curriculum and deliver essential implementation support, from professional learning opportunities to printing. Our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned core programs.
The Director of Professional Learning is responsible for leading the organization’s quality assurance efforts in providing best-in-class professional learning to educators with the goal of building expertise in utilizing Open Up Resources curriculum. The Director of Professional Learning will collaborate with partners to develop and implement a combination of in person and virtual online training products to meet the needs of educators as they implement Open Up Resources curriculum in their classrooms.
- Work closely with the Chief Academic Officer to expand professional learning offerings and further develop the process of screening and on-boarding partners.
- Own all aspects of OUR Professional Learning.
- Evaluate and implement best-in-class strategies for professional learning, including on-site and online opportunities.
- Implement strategies to operationally improve professional learning, ensuring profitability and alignment of Open Up Resources goals and objectives.
- Identify ways in which OUR can further support and leverage the teacher community to drive business growth through greater advocacy and credibility.
- Lead the evaluation and feedback on professional learning opportunities as they are created.
- Report feedback results to partners to identify areas of improvement to the professional learning programs and delivery to educators.
- Evaluate and identify areas of improvement in order to refine the quality process for the organization’s overall professional learning offerings.
- Ensure OUR’s ability to scale as the business continues to grow and incorporate technology strategically across all areas related to professional learning.
- Lead the the process for evaluating OUR Professional Learning in both Mathematics and ELA.
- Coordinate site visits to schools for the purpose of feedback and evaluation of professional learning.
- Work with the Field Specialist teams to develop a process for gleaning insight into the current professional learning needs of OUR customers.
- Work with the Math and ELA Directors(s) to facilitate product need and transparency.
- Serve as a intermediary to identify connections between the work of many different teams and use this insight to further the mission of the organization.
- Develop and manage alignment process for OUR professional learning programs throughout the organization.
- Strong collaboration and communication with the internal Math teams and partners to develop and successfully deliver professional learning opportunities for implementation of OUR curriculum in the classroom.
- Manage multiple projects effectively by creating timelines and demonstrating a proven ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines on time.
- Own all aspects of Open Up Resources Professional Learning.
- Ability to be self-managing and flexible while working in a remote environment.
- Cultivate positive outside professional relationships with developers, partners and school district staff.
- Serve as the point person when evaluating professional learning partners.
- Experience and understanding of education environment – technical integration into current curriculum/assessment models at district levels.
- Ability to analyze/forecast sales maximizing ROI in state adoption campaigns.
- Previous success in building/managing a team; strong training/development skills.
- Experience with evaluating instructional materials.
- Proven results in market research-driven knowledge creating industry leading product development with a focus on professional learning.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multitask while working on multiple projects at a time.
- Superior attention to detail, dedication to excellence and proven track record of accountability.
- Strong technology skills.
- Ability to lead meetings via web conference tools.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, email, Google platform and MS Office 365.
- Ability to train and lead group of educators to understand OUR curriculum.
- Superior project management skills and track record of proven results.
- Demonstrate effective and efficient time management.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Extraordinary communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Ability to consolidate feedback from multiple sources and communicate results effectively.
- Positive attitude focused on collaboration and team problem solving.
Open Up Resources Values
3. Physical, Mental and Emotional Well-Being
4. Learning and Growth
5. Achieving Our Mission
- We are a virtual organization; employees can work from anywhere in the continental U.S.
- We offer a competitive compensation and generous benefits packages.
- We are a growing organization with passionate, high-talented team members!
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Director of Professional Learning.”