Curriculum Reviewers, 6–12 ELA & Literacy
Open Up Resources (OUR) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, openly licensed to reduce costs and promote instructional equity. Districts spend more than $5 billion annually on curricula, yet they struggle from a dearth of standards-aligned content. OUR partners with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb instructional materials and provide the necessary supports to build capacity and ensure fidelity. Formerly the K–12 OER Collaborative, our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned, curriculum-scale materials.
We are seeking educator reviewers for our 6–12 ELA & literacy curriculum.
- Four or more years of classroom experience, preferably with at least three years of recent teaching experience in grades 6–12.
- Demonstrated expertise in curricular implementation at that grade band (e.g. instructional coaches, state content leads, higher ed faculty may also apply).
- Deep knowledge of Common Core State Standards and experience with the CCSS beyond the single classroom (i.e., facilitating professional development, leading transition teams).
- Formal experience using the EQuIP/IMET evaluation instrument at the building, district, or national level to assess instructional materials for alignment to the Common Core.
- Experience with implementing newly adopted curriculum and instructional materials in a classroom.
- Ability to participate in online conferences and collaborate with fellow reviewers as often as bi-weekly during the review cycle. We will do our best to schedule these meetings around reviewer availability.
Interested applicants can submit applications here.
Thank you for your interest; be sure to spread the word to your networks!