Curriculum Reviewers, K-12 ELA & Literacy
Open Up Resources (OUR) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, openly licensed to reduce costs and promote instructional equity. Districts spend more than $5 billion annually on curricula, yet they struggle from a dearth of standards-aligned content. OUR partners with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb instructional materials and provide the necessary supports to build capacity and ensure fidelity. Formerly the K-12 OER Collaborative, our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned, curriculum-scale materials.
We are seeking educator reviewers for our K–12 ELA & literacy curriculum.
- Four or more years of classroom experience, preferably with at least three years of recent teaching experience in grades K-12.
- Demonstrated expertise in curricular implementation at that grade band (e.g. instructional coaches, state content leads, higher ed faculty may also apply).
- Deep knowledge of Common Core State Standards and experience with the CCSS beyond the single classroom (i.e., facilitating professional development, leading transition teams).
- Formal experience using the EQuIP/IMET evaluation instrument at the building, district, or national level to assess instructional materials for alignment to the Common Core.
- Experience with implementing newly adopted curriculum and instructional materials in a classroom.
- Ability to participate in online conferences and collaborate with fellow reviewers as often as bi-weekly during the review cycle. We will do our best to schedule these meetings around reviewer availability.
Interested applicants can submit applications here.
Thank you for your interest; be sure to spread the word to your networks!