Sales Operations Specialist
Open Up Resources (OUR) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, openly licensed to reduce costs and promote instructional equity. Districts spend more than $5 billion annually on curricula, yet they struggle from a dearth of standards-aligned content. OUR partners with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb instructional materials and provide the necessary supports to build capacity and ensure fidelity. Formerly the K-12 OER Collaborative, our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned, curriculum-scale materials.
The Sales Operations Specialist is the liaison between customers, sales field specialists, partners, and vendors. Responsible for resolving questions on orders, accounts, billing, and returns; providing pre- and post-sales support; building and maintaining customer relationships; handling customer and order inquiries; and providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
In addition, this role will act as the SalesForce administrator for the company (the organization’s Customer Relations Management tool), acting as the subject-matter expert for the full administration of SalesForce and providing support for staff in their use of the system.
- Keep clear and meticulous records of customer interactions through SalesForce.
- Follow up on all customer issues and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Place, cancel, or adjust orders.
- Follow-up with customer billing contact on past-due accounts (45 days after due date); engage field specialist for assistance where deemed necessary.
- Manage customer returns within stated return policy.
- Coordinate customer claims of defective products with print vendors.
- Communicate if customer requested expedited processing requests and any other special shipping or delivery requirements.
- Ensure appropriate shipping/handling and sales tax are included on customer invoices.
- Manage Salesforce user setup, records, profiles, and roles to ensure accuracy of data.
- Take the lead in cross-functional SalesForce.com management; balance Sales, Marketing, Service and Operations user requirements.
- Develop and improve reports, dashboards, and process flows.
- Maintain product and pricing lists in SalesForce to ensure accurate preparation of customer proposals.
- Maintain product mapping to third-party systems with SalesForce.
- Provide end-user training and technical support for Salesforce as needed.
- Assist in Salesforce data validation and management activities.
- Manage transfer of print product orders to print vendors.
- Manage shipment confirmations from print vendors.
- Ensure shipping tracking numbers are supplied by print vendors, uploaded into customer account in SalesForce, and communicated to customers.
Other tasks as assigned.
- At least three years of demonstrated usage and working knowledge of Salesforce required.
- Experience with integration of third-party applications with Salesforce (ex. tax calculation tools, marketing automation tools) strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field highly desired.
- At least three years of professional experience in the fields of customer service, sales, or the K–12 education market strongly preferred.
- Excellent customer-facing skills and experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Google Drive.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with sales and service processes, customer billing, accounts receivable, and vendor interactions.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn about company products and policies to better assist customers.
- Flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of a startup organization.
- Ability to work independently from a home office.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
OUR is a “virtual” organization, and all employees work from home.
OUR has a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Sales Operations Specialist.”