Mathematics Field Specialist
Open Up Resources (OUR) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, openly licensed to reduce costs and promote instructional equity. Districts spend more than $5 billion annually on curricula, yet they struggle from a dearth of standards-aligned content. OUR partners with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb instructional materials and provide the necessary supports to build capacity and ensure fidelity. Formerly the K-12 OER Collaborative, our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned, curriculum-scale materials.
The Mathematics Field Specialist is responsible for promoting, presenting, and securing district adoptions of our middle school mathematics offerings, along with the related professional development and support services. You will work with district and instructional leadership teams from the materials evaluation process through to the design and execution of an implementation plan.
We are seeking total math geeks who love teaching math and are now ready for an opportunity to provide school districts and their math teachers the highest quality mathematics instructional resources available. The ideal candidate is a mission-driven self-starter with an energetic passion for transformation within education, a strong K-12 background specific to mathematics, and an aptitude for getting-to-yes.
- Work with OUR leadership to develop and execute a plan focused on driving awareness of our mathematics curriculum and supporting service offerings in alignment with our national go-to-market strategy.
- Employ solution selling techniques including pre-call/visit planning, effective opening, and productive questioning and listening strategies that lead to a successful customer experience in evaluation of our mathematics offerings.
- Work with districts and channel partners to co-develop appropriate proposals for scope-of-services, ensuring successful district implementation.
- Demonstrate superb customer focus, response, and follow-up abilities, while leveraging a matrix of internal and external support.
- Develop and maintain expert content and services knowledge for the OUR mathematics portfolio, the K-12 educational marketplace for mathematics curriculum, and factors influencing the Open Educational Resources movement.
- Effectively use promotional materials to support marketing messaging through email, social media, and presentations.
- Demonstrate teamwork by sharing best practices and working cross-functionally.
- Maintain an “always improving and learning” attitude internally and externally.
- Deep knowledge and passion for learning in K-12 mathematics, with appreciation for a problem-based approach.
- Teaching experience preferred; experience, and expertise in middle school mathematics highly desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Proven organizational skills, high attention to detail, and superior time management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Command of technology applications, including presentation software and Salesforce.com.
- Willingness to travel up to 40%.
Location and Travel
OUR is a “virtual” organization, and all employees work from home. This position requires significant travel to visit schools and districts.
OUR has a very competitive compensation and benefits package with significant bonus potential.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Mathematics Field Specialist.”