Open Up Resources is a nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, provided for free to promote instructional equity. We partner with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb curriculum and deliver essential implementation support, from professional development to printing. Our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned core programs.
We are seeking a QA Engineer for a contract position. Our organization is driven by our social justice mission to put high-quality curricula in front of as many students and teachers as possible. If you’re a QA engineer looking to join a nonprofit that improves learning experiences for kids and educators, we’d love to hear from you.
- Detail-oriented black box testing of web applications, static sites, and build processes.
- Review specs and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Advocate for clarity, usability, and supportability.
- Leverage your skills and experience in the following tools to create automated test scripts where appropriate:
- Testing Tools: Capybara, headless Chrome.
- Command line Linux and shell programming.
- Create comprehensive, well-structured, and repeatable test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, and document thoroughly; track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related subject.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development.
- Empathy and advocacy for multiple types of users as well as your teammates.
- Strong attention to detail, clarity in communication, and ability to consider the big picture.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance, knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Education industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Team player!
- Preferred location: USA
- Passionate, high-talent team
- 15–30 hours a week, ongoing
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “QA Engineer (Contractor)”