Open Up Resources is a nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, provided for free to promote instructional equity.
We partner with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb curriculum and deliver essential implementation support, from professional development to printing. Our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned core programs.
We are seeking a dynamic Product Manager to help bring a growing number of superb, free curricula to K–12 schools across the country.
Our organization is driven by our social justice mission to put high-quality curricula in front of as many students and teachers as possible. If you’re looking to join a nonprofit that improves learning experiences for kids and educators, we’d love to hear from you.
- Work directly with the Chief Product Officer to execute on curriculum initiatives and create roadmaps for the team to reflect this vision.
- Work with Engineering and Design teams to build, test, and ship new products.
- Define requirements, oversee development, write user stories, and perform user acceptance testing of all feature development.
- Partner with other departments and external partners to successfully roll out new products, features and optimizations.
- Lead cross-functional teams to prioritize and pursue the highest impact opportunities
- Communicate progress and challenges to all stakeholders regarding timelines and deliverables.
- Review metrics associated with initiatives in order to make recommendations for improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience in the technology space.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing relevant stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with working in a SCRUM/Agile environment.
- Experience managing the development process – you know how to make things happen.
- Product planner extraordinaire – you get buy-in on your roadmaps from executives.
- Background in education or educational technology preferred.
- Remote organization; your manager is located in Los Angeles, CA
- Competitive compensation package, including generous benefits package
- Passionate, high-talent team
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Product Manager.”