Open Up Resources is a nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, provided for free to promote instructional equity.
We partner with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb curriculum and deliver essential implementation support, from professional development to printing. Our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned core programs.
We are seeking a dynamic Print Production Manager to help bring a growing number of superb, free curricula to K–12 schools across the country.
Our organization is driven by our social justice mission to put high-quality curricula in front of as many students and teachers as possible. If you’re looking to join a nonprofit that improves learning experiences for kids and educators, we’d love to hear from you.
- Act as liaison between product managers, designers, engineers and external print vendors to define materials, binding and overall print specifications for all tangible curriculum products
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and engineers to ensure quality of production projects and the best execution of creative translated to print.
- Work with the Print Vendor and Operations Team to determine anticipated cost of goods for each product based on various, mutually determined print volumes
- Work with the Print Vendor and Fulfillment Partners to determine timing for release of files to meet shipping targets
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to define pre-release and post-release proofing plans and schedules, and oversee proofing and production schedules to ensure that each project is meeting internal and external customer requirements
- Work with the Operations team to outline the best packaging and delivery specifics for each curriculum offering
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 2-4 years of Print Production Management experience.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Background in academic book publishing experience preferred.
- Remote organization; your manager is located in Denver, CO
- Competitive compensation package, including generous benefits package
- Passionate, high-talent team
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Print Production Manager.”