Open Up Resources is a nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, provided for free to promote instructional equity.
We partner with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb curriculum and deliver essential implementation support, from professional development to printing. Our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned core programs.
We are seeking a dynamic sales leader to helm our engagement with the nation’s largest school districts, whose purchasing processes can be complex and time-intensive. Working closely with the Math Field Specialists and English Language Arts (ELA) Field Specialists, you will lead our work in selling the professional development services, print services, and other services those districts need to successfully implement our top-rated whole-course curriculum offerings.
Our top-rated curricula are “going viral,” spreading rapidly among US districts. The National Field Leader will have an opportunity to elevate teaching and learning on a national scale.
This is a unique opportunity to have real impact on our nation’s students. Open Up Resources is driven by our social justice mission to put high-quality curricula in front of as many students and teachers as possible with appropriate supports from their district and school leaders. If you’re a K-12 savvy top producer and you’re looking to join a nonprofit that improves learning experiences for kids and educators, we’d love to hear from you.
- Lead and coordinate our efforts in achieving large district implementation and revenue goals
- Ensure successful adoption of the materials by US districts considering new curricula in formal procurement processes (RFPs/RFIs) and via less formal selection processes, such as pilots
- Ensure that districts who pilot and adopt our free curricula consider and, when required, purchase services that will foster successful use of the materials, such as professional development, classroom libraries, and print services
- Interface with our key partners in this work including our network of professional development providers, in delivering effective implementation services to schools and districts
- Manage relationships with the nation’s largest districts
- Significant experience in strategic/large/national account field engagement and/or sales in K-12 education arena
- Experience engaging with large urban school districts and demonstrated record of success selling into these districts
- Strong command of K-12 education concepts, especially related to math and ELA
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Background in education or educational technology preferred
- Experience meeting and exceeding complex organizational development goals
- Must be self directed and comfortable working remotely
- Must be available for frequent travel to school district locations across the country
- We will strongly preference individuals who have worked in K-12 schools or districts
- Remote organization; your manager is located in the San Francisco Bay Area
- You will be joining a passionate, high-talent, best in class team in a culture best described as “Silicon Valley start-up with heart”
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “National Field Leader.”