Open Up Resources is a nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, provided for free to promote instructional equity.
We partner with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb curriculum and deliver essential implementation support, from professional development to printing. Our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned core programs.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to lead our Mathematics Field Engagement Team, leading sales of professional development services, print services, and other services that allow schools and districts to successfully implement the Open Up Resources mathematics core programs.
Our mathematics curricula are “going viral,” spreading rapidly among US districts. Under our competitive compensation package, the National Field Leader will have an opportunity to elevate mathematics teaching and learning at national scale while being highly compensated for this important work.
Our organization is driven by our social justice mission to put high-quality curricula in front of as many students and teachers as possible. If you’re a mathematics-savvy sales and marketing leader, or a district leader seeking new challenges, and you’re looking to join a nonprofit that improves learning experiences for kids and educators, we’d love to hear from you.
- Lead the Mathematics Field Engagement team in achieving revenue goals.
- Ensure successful evaluation of the materials by US districts considering new curricula in formal procurement processes (RFPs/RFIs) and via less formal selection processes, such as pilots.
- Ensure that districts who pilot and adopt our free curricula consider and in many cases purchase services that will foster successful use of the materials, such as professional development and print services.
- Interface with our key partners in this work, including Illustrative Mathematics and any future authors of our mathematics curriculum, as well as our network of professional development providers, in delivering strong offerings to schools and districts.
- Manage relationships with go to market partners as well as partner districts, state governments, and other key stakeholders in our work.
- Manage and develop the Mathematics Field Team.
- Participate as a member of the Open Up Resources Executive Leadership team as a senior manager and leader of our organization.
- 10+ years of experience in people management roles within mathematics education organizations
- 10+ years of experience in the K–12 education arena, within: K–12 education systems; field engagement and/or sales of instructional materials; education technology or professional services; and/or state/local government sales
- Strong command of K–12 mathematics education concepts
- Experience engaging with schools and school districts in a leadership, consultative, or sales role
- Experience leading high-performing teams
- Superior communication skills, and ability to work cross-functionally
- Background in education or educational technology preferred
- Experience meeting and exceeding complex organizational development goals
- Remote organization; your manager is located in the Portland, OR region
- Generous compensation and benefits package
- Passionate, high-talent team
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “National Field Leader, Mathematics.”