Open Up Resources is a nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, provided for free to promote instructional equity. We partner with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb curriculum and deliver essential implementation support, from professional development to printing. Our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned core programs.
We are seeking a dynamic social media maven and communicator to help us bring superb, free curricula to K–12 schools across the country.
Our team is driven by our social justice mission to put high-quality curricula in front of as many students and teachers as possible. If you’re a strong marketer and relationship manager and you’re looking to join a nonprofit that improves learning experiences for kids and educators, we’d love to hear from you.
This is an ideal position for a creative former educator or communications professional looking to have a significant impact on K–12 education.
- Develop engaging, creative social media content that aligns to the organization’s communications objectives and marketing campaign activity
- Monitor all social media channels, and coordinate responses to social media inquiries with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with partner organizations and internal teams on social media plans and responses
- Optimize social media activity to drive customer engagement and lead generation
- Deliver social media activity and trend reports to internal teams and partners
- Support marketing operations activities, such as webinar and event planning
- Additional marketing projects and responsibilities, which will be determined based on skills and experience of candidate, will account for 40-50% of this team member’s time – this role is an excellent opportunity to ‘wear many hats’ in a fast-growing organization
- 2-6 years experience in teaching, education, communications, and/or marketing
- Stellar creative writing skills
- Superior attention to detail and dedication to excellence
- Experience running social media, communications, or marketing initiatives
- Experience using data to drive decision-making (prospect/lead activity, open/click rates, navigation paths, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, email marketing software, and/or marketing automation platforms preferred
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver projects on time and on target; experience working closely with third-party partner organizations preferred
- Background in education or educational technology strongly preferred
- Remote organization; your manager is located in New York, NY
- Competitive compensation package, including generous benefits package
- Passionate, high-talent team
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Associate.”