Open Up Resources is a nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, provided for free to promote instructional equity.
We partner with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb curriculum and deliver essential implementation support, from professional development to printing. Our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned core programs.
We are seeking a Front-End Engineer (Contract Position).
Our organization is driven by our social justice mission to put high-quality curricula in front of as many students and teachers as possible. If you’re a front-end engineer, and you’re looking to join a nonprofit that improves learning experiences for kids and educators, we’d love to hear from you.
- Enthusiastic commitment to systems thinking, cross-browser compatibility, responsive design, and modular front-end patterns.
- Experience working with web frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django, or Laravel, distributed version control systems like Git and Mercurial, and ticketing/project tracking systems like Pivotal Tracker and JIRA.
- Understanding of best practices for accessibility, semantic markup, structured microdata, page speed and performance.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and communicate impacts of changes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development.
- Experience developing modern front-end applications.
- Empathy and a commitment to usability for many types of end users (and teammates).
- Strong communications skills and a propensity for collaboration across different skill sets and different levels of experience.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm to learn on the job.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Education industry experience is a plus.
- Preferred location: USA
- Passionate, high-talent team
- 15 hours a week for an ongoing basis
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Front End Engineer (Contractor)”