Open Up Resources is a nonprofit developing the highest quality full-course curricula available to districts, provided for free to promote instructional equity.
We partner with the country’s foremost materials experts to develop superb curriculum and deliver essential implementation support, from professional development to printing. Our mission is to provide students and educators with equal access to rigorous, standards-aligned core programs.
The ELA Field Specialist is responsible for promoting, presenting, and securing district adoptions of our ELA offerings, along with the related professional development and support services. You will work with district and instructional leadership teams from the materials evaluation process through to the design and execution of an implementation plan.
We are seeking total ELA geeks who love teaching ELA and are now ready for an opportunity to provide school districts and their ELA teachers the highest quality ELA instructional resources available. The ideal candidate is a mission-driven self-starter with an energetic passion for transformation within education, a strong K-12 background specific to ELA, and an aptitude for getting-to-yes.
- Work with OUR leadership to develop and execute a plan focused on driving awareness of our ELA curriculum and supporting service offerings in alignment with our national go-to-market strategy.
- Employ solution-selling techniques including pre-call/visit planning, effective opening, and productive questioning and listening strategies that lead to a successful customer experience in evaluation of our ELA offerings.
- Work with districts and channel partners to co-develop appropriate proposals for scope-of-services, ensuring successful district implementation.
- Demonstrate superb customer focus, response, and follow-up abilities, while leveraging a matrix of internal and external support.
- Develop and maintain expert content and services knowledge for the OUR ELA portfolio, the K-12 educational marketplace for ELA curriculum, and factors influencing the Open Educational Resources movement.
- Effectively use promotional materials to support marketing messaging through email, social media, and presentations.
- Demonstrate teamwork by sharing best practices and working cross-functionally.
- Maintain an “always improving and learning” attitude internally and externally.
- Deep knowledge and passion for learning in K-12 ELA
- Teaching experience preferred; experience and expertise in ELA highly desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Proven organizational skills, high attention to detail, and superior time management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Command of technology applications, including presentation software and Salesforce.com.
- Willingness to travel up to 40%.
Location and Travel
OUR is a “virtual” organization, and all employees work from home. This position requires travel to visit schools and districts.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “ELA Field Specialist.”